Our accredited OHSAS 18001:2007 for the supply, fabrication and installation of pipework, Laker Vent Engineering actively pursues the highest safety performance from all of its personnel and subcontractors and ensures regular audits and training sessions are carried out to enforce this commitment.
Laker Vent has no higher goal than ensuring the safety of our staff and others at all times. The Management recognises that Company operations may present Health and Safety risks to our employees, contractors and members of the public if not properly managed and are thereby committed to the following;
- Managing our processes, materials and workforce in order to prevent injury and ill health and achieve continual improvement in our Occupational Health and Safety management and performance
- Full compliance with relevant Health and Safety legal and regulatory obligations and other requirements to which the Company subscribes
- Consulting with our employees on matters affecting their Health and Safety
- Providing safe and healthy working conditions along with equipment and systems for all company employees and providing suitable, sufficient, information, training and supervision to achieve this objective
- Setting objectives and targets for Health and Safety improvement and regularly reviewing these
- Integrating Health and Safety considerations, into the selection of suppliers and subcontractors, as well as manufacturing processes and materials
This policy, which has the support of the Board of Directors, is communicated to all employees along with their Health and Safety obligations, and made available to any interested parties on request. The management is fully committed to implementing this policy and requires all employees and contractors to play their part. This policy is reviewed annually as part of the management review process.