In order for the UK to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 80% by 2050, we must boost renewable energy generation wherever possible and reduce our energy demands.
Laker-vent is experienced in the design and installation of power piping systems for projects such as energy storage, high efficiency gas reciprocating engines Combined Heat & Power Plants CHP and waste to energy plants.
By using customer designs we provide materials, off-site manufacturing and site installation of piping, steelwork and associated mechanical services.
Our piping installations have been used in many combined heat and power plants across the UK since the 1990s.
Many of the systems include:
- Compressed Air piping systems
- Gas piping systems
- Cooling Water piping systems
- High Pressure Steam systems using Chrome Molybdenum, P5, P11, P22 & P91
- Condensate piping system
- Plastic systems
- Associated steelwork and supports
- Modular piping erection was provided via pre-assembled pipe racks
- Process skid units
- Coded welding
- Management of subcontractors such as scaffolders & insulation
Featured Case Study
Laker-vent worked with our teams to help with design detailing and construction methodology and went on to carry out the materials procurement, shop fabrication, erection and testing. Laker-vent did a great job and have been good to work with.